It might surprise you to know that even modern girls use Vaseline for quite a bit of their every day beauty routine. Vaseline is completely harmless and always safe for your skin, hair, and nails.
If you want to know exactly what petroleum jelly does, take a look here.
in this article we will show you the 50 amazing thinks that you can do with vaseline in 5 minutes:
1. Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this – and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.
2. Put a coat of vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet – every day!
3. Put vaseline on your elbows every day – they will stay soft!
4. Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day for softer and better looking cuticles every day.
. Put Vaseline on chapped lips and it feels awesome!
6. Use Vaseline as lip gloss. It really makes your lips look fuller and more luscious, along with a pleasant shine. You can feel it healing the cracks!
7. Mix a little Vaseline with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss, too.
8. Melt Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let resolidify for chocolate lip gloss. I have never tried this, personally, but I’ve read a few blogs where girls have done this and swear that it also makes your lips softer than plain Vaseline.
9. Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume. Just rub a little dab where you plan on spraying and enjoy a fresh scent all night.
10. Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers. A lot of people think that it clogs your pores but this is false. It does not clog pores but instead fills the gaps in lipid barriers, which is what we want for glowing, beautifully even skin.
11. Moisturizes severe dry skin, duh! It’s an amazing feeling to use it after a shower.
12. Use Vaseline on your knees to prevent that dry, ashy look and make your legs alluringly sexy under that tiny skirt.
3. Mix with sea salts to make a scrub! It really feels good and is a nice addition to a steamy shower.
14. Applying Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth. A lot of celebrities use this trick for a flawless smile on the red carpet.
15. Applied on teeth before applying lipstick prevents lipstick from sticking to your teeth. It’s not hot when your fire engine red is plastered to your pearly whites.
16. Have your sweetheart rub your shoulders down with some warm petroleum jelly and melt with it.
17. Warmed up, it can be used as a night cream.
18. Makeup remover! You simply dip a Q-tip into some Vaseline and gently rub it away.
19. Protects skin exposed to adverse weather. If you have a problem during cold windy days, put Vaseline on before leaving the house and be amazed at the shield it protects against the elements.
20. Applied under eye shadow, it can create a shiny effect. You know, that sexy look those girls have at the club? It almost makes your color metallic.
21. Applied on cheeks for a dewy look! Lovely for warm summer evenings.
22. Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving. Hate those little red bumps? Apply Vaseline before they start once you dry off.
23. Used in manicures under cuticles. It makes your fingers less sore and it makes your nail beds look one Hell of a lot prettier.
24. Gets rid of dry skin lines which can arise from washing. You know those little scaly looking lines you get after you dry off? Vaseline fills those lines with vitamins to help reduce this effect.
25. Lubricates ear lobes and helps to make earring insertion easy and painless. This is the best because I find that when I decide to wear only one set (I have 9 holes total) and I leave the rest out for a long period of time, it’s much simpler to just slide them in instead of forcing them through.
26. Keeps fingernails pliable and resilient. I hate when I can literally bend my fingernail over my tip because it’s so flimsy. Applying Vaseline gives your nails the vitamins they need to stay strong.
27. Use with your lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks! But make sure the lipstick you use is safe (preferably organic) to use anywhere on your face.
28. It also helps to ease off stuck on rings.
29. Tames unruly eyebrows! Just use a clean disposable lash wand and comb your brows to keep them in place.
30. Defines eyelashes and leaves them with a glossy and waterproof look. If you want to avoid using mascara (sweating, vigorous activity, spending the night with a “friend”), using a clean lash wand and some Vaseline will make your lashes look naturally darker and more defined.
31. Conditions scalp pre-shampooing. Rub a dime-sized drop of Vaseline through your roots before shampooing and love your shiny hair!
32. Can help prevent chaffing. If you like to jog in the dry heat or you plan on wearing tight clothing to the club, use a bit of Vaseline instead of lotion on those “sensitive” areas and worry not about that wretched chaffing!
33. Aids with healing after cosmetic surgery procedures. I’ve never had one myself, but I’ve heard that many women use it on their skin to help incisions and other painful procedures heal.
34. Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff. Use the same technique as #31 and bask in the relief. You can even do it after showering if your scalp is ultra dry.
5. When applied to lesions caused by poison ivy it is therapeutic.
36. Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema. Doctors recommend Vaseline for people who suffer with this condition.
37. Helps heal and protect new tattoos. I, personally, love Vaseline to keep my tattoos clean, wet, and it locks in the ink. It also feels nice and cool when you rub it on a fresh piece.
38. Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline. If you’re tired of weird blotches or the burning sensation from bleach, just put Vasline around your hairline and on your ears before dying. Completely harmless and ultimately effective.
39. Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags. Just use a cotton cloth and a little squeeze and rub away that grime.
40. Smear a little bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a messy bedhead look.
41. Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends. If you hate looking like a dresden doll, just gently massage the Vaseline into your ends.
42. Remove makeup stains from clothing. Yes, really. If you can’t bleach it and you can’t wash it out, rub some on your clothing and rinse, then watch it disappear.
43. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps. We all know how annoying that is.
44. Make your week old nail polish look new again – rub a small dab over the polish. It’s almost like polishing your pretty 6 inch patents.
45. Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eyeshadow to create richer texture and color.
46. You can stretch your favourite lotion by blending it with Vaseline.
47. Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush (GENTLY, ladies) to exfoliate and leave them smooth as a baby’s ass.
48. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line. It’s kind of painful to peel that stuff off all the time.
49. Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning.
50. You can generously apply Vaseline all over before taking flights in order to combat associated dryness.