Golden milk is a a beautiful, tasty and incredibly healthy drink to have in the evening, and Its benefits are remarkable.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, polyphenol identified as the main active ingredient, which has over 150 potential therapeutic activities, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
Some conditions that may benefit from turmeric:
- Anti-inflammatory activity, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
- Strengthens the immune system
- Anti – cancerous
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- It stimulates the digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- It regulates the metabolism and controls weight
- High blood pressure
- Memory and brain
- Different conditions of the skin
- Neurological disorders
- Lowers triglycerides
Step 1 – curcumin paste
- ¼ cup of curcumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup filtered water
Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot and stir well. Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly until the mixture becomes a thick paste. It doesn’t take long, so don’t leave the stove. Allow the mixture to cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
Step 2 – Golden milk
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (hemp or coconut milk are also a good option, and Ayurveda recommends cow’s milk, but just in case you have organic milk from a cow that hasn’t been treated inhumanely)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon or more of the turmeric paste
Combine all ingredients, except the honey, in a cooking pot. Turn the heat to medium. Stir the whole time and don’t allow it to boil. Add some honey for taste.
Right after you drink the Turmeric Golden Milk before go to bed, you may find yourself sleeping, especially if you are drinking it in place of your glass of wine or other alcoholic bedtime beverage. You should stick to this ritual at least one or two weeks if you want to notice significant health improvements.
After this period of time, you will relive gas, bloating, improve your digestion. You will also improve your skin conditions and soothe joint and arthritic pain.
Maybe it will take a while to get used to the taste, but afterwards you will really love it!
This amazing drink is safe for everyone. However pregnant women do not have to take medicinal dose of turmeric.So If you are or you think you might be pregnant, do not take supplements, but it is fine to have that lamb curry. Also you do not have to take turmeric supplements if you are on any medicine to control blood clotting.
Make this amazing and delicious drink and enjoy in all its benefits!