Uric acid starts accumulating in the joints in case of high levels of purines, and this leads to formation of uric acid crystals that support the development of arthritis, known as gout.
Gout especially affects the elderly, causing severe pain, swelling, tightness, and redness in the hands and the big toes.
Gout can affect knees, elbows, shoulders and ankles as well. However, effective natural treatments can help you treat these symptoms and treat gout completely.
These are the most common causes of gout:
- Alcohol Consumption
Reduction of uric acid in the joints
It is extremely important to know that if you want to prevent uric acid and crystals, you must be aware that gout is a result of an improper diet.
In accordance, you should focus on foods that have high amounts of water, like cucumbers, strawberries, zucchini, squash, watermelons, etc.
Water is most important, so drink as much as you can and keep your body hydrated.
The following natural remedies will significantly help you in reducing the uric acid levels in the joints and blood:
- Take a ripe tomato and squeeze the juice from it. Drink this juice 3 times a day.
- Boil a pint of water and add half an onion in it, 50 gr of cabbage, and three parsley sprigs. Leave them over heat for around 15 minutes, then remove from heat. Strain and leave it to cool. Then, add the juice of 1 lemon, and drink this juice right before your have your lunch.
- Mix three tablespoons of soybean oil and three tablespoons of rosemary oil. Use this combination for massaging the affected area.
- Add half an onion to 1 l of water and boil. Leave this mixture for five minutes and train it.Then, add some honey and drink this remedy 3 times per day.
- Mix 1 mango, 4 carrots, 30 gr of strawberries, and one slice of pineapple in a juicer. Take this mixture in the morning, before having breakfast, on empty stomach, and in the evening, in case the symptoms get worse.
- Add an ear of corn cob to a little water and boil for about 10 minutes. Then, strain and drink the mixture three times a day.
- Add two tablespoons of elderflowers in half a liter of boiled water and cover. Strain the liquid after 10 minutes and leave it to cool. Add honey to add some sugary taste to it and consume the remedy every day.
- Add 30gr of cranberries to 1 l of water and boil for 5 minutes. Strain and drink three times a day.
Here’s one more natural recipe that helped a lot of people treat gout.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger root
- 2 stalks of celery
Slice the cucumber and the celery, and mix them in a blender with all other ingredients. Mix until your juice gets smooth.
Drink this natural remedy one to three times a day, for best effects, it is advisable you consume it on an empty stomach in the morning.
Note: It is of high importance to follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly to treat the symptoms of gout.