Premature white hair is common in both men and women and this problem can affect their self-esteem especially while at a public gathering with friends and colleagues. A huge amount of money is invested each year by a large number of people worldwide in hair dye to help solve their white hair issues.
However, that money could have been put to better use if only they knew that the solution to their white hair problem was already in their home.
Apart from the money spent on commercial hair dyes, there is also the obvious health concerns, as most dyes are made using carcinogenic compounds. You can dye your hair naturally with a simple and yet amazing homemade recipe.
Here’s what you need, how it’s prepared and used
- For this natural hair dye recipe, you will need between 5 to 6 medium-sized potatoes.
- Peel these potatoes and place the rind in a pot.
- Add about two cups of tap water and bring to a boil.
- Once warm, reduce to low heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take the pot from the stove and allow it cool at room temperature.
- Strain the water and take out the potato rinds.
- You can store up the potato water in a glass jar with a lid for future use.
- For added fragrance you can add a couple of drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil.
- To use this natural hair dye you need to first wash your hair using a shampoo and conditioner. This is to ensure that the white hair is properly hydrated, as white hair are usually drier than your normal hair.
- Next, massage the potato rind water onto your hair, working your way to your scalp with the palm of your hands..
- Once you are done leave the potato rind water on your hair, do not rinse it off.
- Brush your hair and you are done!
- This procedure should be repeated daily if you can manage it or alternatively 2 to 3 times per week and for 2 months.
Within 2 months you will notice vast improvements in the colour of your hair as it returns to normal.