An average person starts to lose hearing in his / her early 20s. The hearing loss occurs gradually; so many people do not realize that it affects their health. The slowly deterioration of hearing is caused mainly by dietary choices, drugs intake, heart stroke, environmental factors, genetic diseases, ear injury, inadequate rest and sleep, loud environments, mucus accumulation, overindulgence, etc.
These causes damage the sound-associated cells, which later leads to a hearing decay.
SYMPTOMS OF HEARING LOSS
Here are some of the most common symptoms of hearing loss:
• Difficulty in understanding words
• Difficulty in understanding consonants
• Drawbacks of conversations
• Speech muffing or other sounds
• Constantly asking people to speak up loudly and slowly
• Increasing the volume of the TV or the radio
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR BAD HEARING
Fortunately, deafness and hearing loss can be treated with a few natural remedies. Here are some of the most effective ones:
• Honey and cinnamon lubricant
Mix equal parts of crude nectar and cinnamon powder. Grease up the ears with this mixture twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, usually before going to bed.
• Spice ginger tea
Prepare a spice ginger tea by mixing a tablespoon of dried oregano, rosemary, cilantro, cinnamon, sage and 3 slices of ginger in 4 cups of water. Boil the ingredients for 15 minutes. After that, strain the mixture and consume 3 cups per day for 3 weeks.
• Garlic drops
Garlic has been used to treat infections for many years. It has been used for treating deafness and bad hearing, too.
All you have to do is to broil 5 cloves of garlic in 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil on low heat for 10 minutes. Then, remove the fluid from the garlic cloves. Eliminate the garlic stray from the olive oil. Apply 3 – 4 drops of it in the ears and put a cotton swab in them.
• Red wine and green tea drops
A glass of red wine is beneficial for the heart health, insusceptibility and inclination. The wine also contains anti-cancerous properties, which provide hairs in the inward ear, which keeps it from external impacts. Green tea, like red wine, has also beneficial effects on the ears. Mix equal parts of red wine and green tea. Apply 2 drops of this mixture on both ears twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
• Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil efficiently treats hearing loss. All you have to do is to mix 1 tablespoon of apple cedar vinegar, 1 tablespoon of colloidal, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 drops of tea tree oil and heat them. Then, apply the mixture in the ears and keep it for 5 minutes. Repeat this remedy 4 times a day for 2 days.
Onion is considered to be the most beneficial remedy for hearing loss. For better results, all you have to do is to macerate 300 grams of onions in a liter of water and let it stay for half a day. Drink 3 glass of the onion drink on a daily basis.
• Ginkgo Biloba extract
Poor blood circulation can lead to numerous health issues, including dizziness, poor concentration, hearing loss and others. Ginkgo Biloba extract effectively treats tinnitus and hearing loss. All you have to do is to take 60 – 240 mcg of extract of Ginkgo Biloba on a daily basis.
• Mustard oil
Mustard oil is among the most effective remedies for treating deafness and hearing loss. All you have to do is to toast a tablespoon of mustard oil and one garlic clove. Then, put it in the ears, so that the squeezed oil can drop directly into the affected ear.
DIET FOR HEARING LOSS
You can start by eating a balanced diet with smaller, frequent meals of animal proteins and carbohydrates. You should also:
• Consume more warming types of food, like organic lamb or chicken, which can enhance the kidney energy. Moreover, you should also include cinnamon bark, ginger, lotus seeds, lentils, eggs, black beans, walnuts, soybeans, baked tofu, fish and sesame seeds in your diet.
• Try to avoid raw and cold food, because coldness can constrict the tubes and cause bad drainage in the inner ear.
• Avoid dairy and processed food, because they increase the production of mucus.
• Maintain a low-saturated fat diet, and avoid consuming greasy and fried food.