Full body detoxification can be achieved in a variety of different ways. Lemon Detox Diet is a very popular one, and although it seems quiet hard, people reporting it to be successful and less difficult than it appeared to be at first.
The diet is based on Master Cleanse System developed by Stanley Burroughs several decades ago. Since then it was tried and refined by many individuals around the globe. The following plan is one of those variations.
This diet is actually a 10 day fast where you only permitted to drink certain drinks and not allowed to eat at all. Sounds scary? I got scared at first too. However it seems that many people who tried it, say it was way easier than they were expecting it to be. While I would expect to walk around with a constant hunger almost from the start, some participants report not being concerned with hunger during the hall period of the fast.
Lemon Fast Ingredients
1.Lemons – around 40 lemons for 10 days
2.Organic Maple Syrup – 1.5 or 2 liters
3.Sea salt – with no Iodine
4.Sea salt – with no Iodine
5.Laxative herbal tea
- At the evening before you begin the 10 days fast, drink Laxative herbal tea.
- At the first morning of the detox fast, drink 1 liter of water mixed with 2 tea spoons of sea salt.
- 1/2 hour after drinking the salty water you may drink lemonade which you make by the following recipe:
- 1/2 lemon (2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice)
- 1 glass of water
- 2 spoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 tea spoon of cayenne pepper powder
- Drink 6 to 12 lemonade glasses each day
- Drink water between lemonades (as much as you can)
- Drinking mint and peppermint tea is allowed in any quantity
- End each day with Laxative herbal tea.
Follow this routine for 10 days.
Herbal tea and salty water will stimulate bowel cleansing. If your working day starts early on, it will be smarter to do this fast on holidays. It is better to prepare the lemonade fresh, just before you plan to drink it. The easiest way to make lemon juice is by using a citrus juicer .
How to End this Lemon Detox Fast and Get Back to Ordinary Diet?
1. Drink fresh fruit/vegetables juices for the first days after the fast. Make sure you separate the juices to fruits or vegetables categories.
2.The second day after the lemon fats you can eat blended vegetable soup.
3.The third day after the diet you can eat salad with salt and lemon.
4.At the afternoon (the third day) you can add cooked cereals to your salad.
5.The fourth day you can add oil to your salad.
6.Add something each day after that, until you are back to an ordinary everyday diet that includes lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. It is very important to make sure you eat a salad at every meal.
Based on feedback from different participants you can expect to lose 4 to 9 kg (9 to 20 lb), if you follow the system for 10 days.
Words of Caution
It is important to understand that this diet is not for everyone. People suffering from different medical disorders may harm their health if they follow this diet. It is important to consult your doctor or dietitian before starting this lemon fast.