IT IS A WARNING MESSAGE THAT WE WANT TO SENT TO ALL PARENTS FROM THE WORLD – YOU HAVE TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL – ONE MOTHER USED THIS REMEDY ON HER BABY AND AFTERWARDS THE BABY DIED. YOU JUST HAVE TO READ THIS ARTICLE AND LEARN MORE.
You may think that this is weird and at first you might not believe it but a lot of people use Vicks VapoRub constantly. It looks like there is nothing dangerous about them and it is a harmless ointment, which is effective for nasal congestion, fever and different affections. A lot of people may remember those sick times from the childhood and they remember that their parents used Vick’s VapoRub in order to help them with the coughs and other congestions. However, it looks like this is the worst idea ever.
This is the story– a mother from Mexico shared the story, and you won’t believe what happened to her. One day she got back from work and saw that her 2-year-old child had a fever. She thought it was a common cold and that is why she used a homemade remedy and did not visit the doctor. Then she used Vick to run on her chest, rubbed it under the nose and on the back in order to break up the mucus. Afterwards, both of them fell asleep, but the mother had no idea what is going to happen.
A lot of people believe that Vicks VapoRub is great for clearing out congestion and that might be true. However, not many people are aware that they can increase the production of mucus among children by 60%. It is quite shocking.
Her child suffocated right beside her during their nap. She instantly took her child and went in the hospital and the doctors confirmed that the camphor from the rub actually caused too much inflammation in his respiratory tract and the baby was already dead for couple of hours, before they came in the hospital.
Note: that is why she wanted to share her shocking story in order no one to have the same horrifying experience. On the label there is nothing stated about the dangerous effects they can have on small children, you have to be very careful. It was a sad accident that has shocking results, but we hope it won’t happen to anyone else.