Most of us know rosemary as that herb that tastes delicious with sea salt on your roast dinner. However, it has just much more to offer than just a seasoning.
Rosemary has been used traditionally for everything from digestion problems, to memory loss and even toothache. It’s also said to promote hair growth, but is there any truth to this?
Yes, there is! In recent research it was discovered this herb is very good for treating hair .The herb has been in use for ages as an effective hair care ingredient that stimulates your scalp, thereby promoting the growth of healthy hair.
Benefits Of Rosemary For Hair
- Rosemary oil can counter hair loss by stimulating blood circulation in the scalp, which, in turn, promotes hair growth.
- Its high nutritional value and anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent ingredient for nourishing the hair follicles and soothing the scalp. It also has analgesic properties that make it a good remedy for soothing inflamed scalps.
- It is known to thicken hair and add shine, and is often used by people who have thin, lusterless hair
- The oil from the herb helps clean the hair follicles by unclogging them. Clogged follicles often lead to problems like dandruff, and, in extreme cases, hair fall.
- Rosemary oil is renowned for its ability to prevent and stop the spread of gray hair.
- It moisturizes a dry scalp, and prevents flaking and dandruff.
- It repairs damage while removing dirt and grime that may keep the hair weighed down.
Bellow we are going to show you how to make rosemary hot oil treatment for hair growth:
Hot oil treatments are a great way to deep-condition your hair. The process is time efficient and requires minimal ingredients. It is one of the best ways to tackle dry and damaged hair while improving scalp health.
- 2-4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of a carrier oil (such as coconut, olive, almond, etc.)
- How towel/ Shower Cap
- Mix the rosemary oil and the carrier oil of your choice (coconut oil works well because of its penetrative properties) and heat it until it is warm. Do not heat the oils in a microwave as it may result in nutrition-loss.
- Section your hair and massage the oil into your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Work the oil along the length of your hair until the roots and tips are well covered.
- Wrap a hot towel (use a blow dryer to heat your towel) around your oiled hair. Alternatively, you can cover it with a shower cap.
- Wait for a minimum of 30 minutes with the towel wrapped around your head before you wash the oil out. The warm environment will allow for maximum penetration and absorption of nutrients.
- Rinse the oils out of your hair with your regular shampoo. If you have oily hair, you can skip conditioning.
- End the wash with a cool water rinse to seal your cuticles.
How to use it:
You can treat your hair to a hot oil treatment up to 2 times a week. This will keep your hair conditioned while stimulating hair growth, and you will be amazed by the results!