Oil pulling is an ancient practice discussed in the Ayurvedic text Charaka Samhita. This method includes swishing the oil in the mouth for several minutes a day. The benefits of this method are numerous.
BENEFITS OF OIL PULLING
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Improved respiratory health, especially for those with a history of allergies and asthma
- Healthy sinuses
- Relaxed neck and jaw muscles
- Better joint health
- Support of the body’s natural mechanisms to remove toxins
- Healthy skin
This ancient technique is mostly known for its teeth-whitening and bad breath-banishing benefits.
The lipophilic oils used in this process attract other oils and fat soluble toxins from the body. Then they remove them from any area where the oil is introduced to. The most reliable benefits are provided by uncooked sesame oil, coconut oil and turmeric.
Therefore, practicing oil pulling will cleanse your body from toxins and improve the oral health. It will detoxify the teeth and gums and whiten your teeth. Moreover, you’ll get rid of tartar, plaque and kill all the harmful bacteria in your mouth.
HOW TO PERFORM THE TECHNIQUE?
Put 1 tablespoon of oil in your mouth and gargle or swish the moil in the mouth. Continue the process for 15 to 20 minutes, until the oil has become thin and whitish in color. Then spit it out, and rinse the mouth with warm water. In the end, brush your teeth as you would normally do.
- Do not swallow the oil.
- Use sesame oil to support healthy teeth and bones
- Practice this treatment in the morning on an empty stomach or before going to bed.
- Initially the oil may not have a pleasant taste, but you will get used to this.
You will notice the result in just one week. Use this technique on a regular basis and enjoy life with a whiter and brighter smile!