Many of us should know that there are many things that can cause problems for our respiratory organs, such as: allergies, asthma, harmful organisms, and even inhalation of various pollutants. Also we should know that the most common symptoms and warning signs of of respiratory complications, are: chest congestion, difficulty breathing and irritated nasal or throat passages, etc. This symptoms can bring a lot of discomfort.
Luckily, there is a powerful spice known as oregano, which is very beneficial for your lung health. It is a rich source of flavonoids, terpenes, and carvacrol which are natural antihistamines and decongestants.
When foreign substances, like chemicals, dust, mold, pollen, bacteria, and fungus find their way in your body, they release a chemical known as histamine.This very harmful chemical usually causes a reaction similar to allergic reactions — nasal congestion, increased mucous production, and sneezing.But, luckily certain herbs, like oregano, contain compounds that can minimize the histamine, thereby reducing these reactions.This is why these herbs are also known by the name histamine-reducing herbs. Also this amazing herb contains rosmarinic acid. According to a recent study, researchers have found that rosmarinic acid reduces fluid accumulation and even swelling during an allergic reaction, making it a natural histamine-reducing compound.
Oregano reduces cough and improves your health
According to the findings of a study recently conducted by a team of ENT experts from the Israel Institute of Technology Medical Center, oregano has direct, positive benefits on the respiratory tract, coughing reflex and nasal passage airflow.Also this herb contains high amounts of healthy nutrients like potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, niacin, as well as vitamins A and C.
Adequate intake of vitamins and minerals is essential for keeping your body healthy with an ability to combat health issues, such as upper respiratory issues.
How to Use Oregano:
You can incorporate this amazing spice into your healthy diet in many different ways such as:
- You can consume it as an herb in culinary uses, a tincture, tea or essential oil.
- You can consume diluted oregano oil to speed recovery during illness.
- Mix some coconut oil with oregano oil, then use the mixture to treat skin infections and boost healing.
- You can dilute oregano oil in olive oil and then rub it on sore joints and muscles to relieve pain.
- You can also consume diluted oregano oil – it can help you with allergies.
- Mix oregano with dried herbs, such as rosemary, basil, and thyme. You have just created an effective facial steam that will loosen congestion and calm coughing.
- You can also use diluted oregano oil to treat athletes’ foot and fungal infections
- Diluted oregano oil is very useful for removing skin warts.
As i mentioned there are many different ways in which you can incorporate oregano into your every day diet. Including this powerful spice in your meals and salads it will cleanse your lungs from viruses, bacteria, mold, and dust, and it will provide other health benefits, due to its high content of healthy nutrients.