This is the least expensive medicine in the whole world. Its uses are numerous, including curing colds, cancer, deodorant use, oral health and many others. Your home pharmacy needs this product. It can stop diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, acidity, peptic ulcer and drug intoxification. It maintains your skin soft and healthy due to its anti-itch or antipruritic properties. Helps fight flu and removes plague. Furthermore, because of its high amount of sodium it prevents hyperkalemia, bladder infection and kidney stones. Here are some uses of the baking soda that you probably haven’t heard of before:
Old wives’ remedy
- Relieve muscle pain after an exercise by drinking water with baking soda
- Put some baking soda on a used nail brush and use it to scrub your nails and remove grime and nail fungus.
- Get rid of itching, soreness and bad smell of your hands and feet by soaking them in a combination of 3 tbsp of baking soda, 1 tbsp of peppermint essential oil, 1 tbsp of salt and warm water.
- Freshen your breath by making a gargle out of baking soda and water
- Put baking soda on your tooth brush and brush your teeth. It will make them whiter.
- Remove dead skin cells and excess oil from your face by using a scrub made of baking soda and water. Rub in gently on your face and rinse with water.
- Baking soda also alleviates bee stings, insect bites and poison ivy itching.
- If you have herpes or canker sores, put baking soda mixed with water on them.
Home remedies for acid reflux
Balance your pH level, relieve acid reflux and make a good environment in your body for alkaline formation with this drink: half a tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or natural apple cider vinegar (use a large container as it will bubble). When the bubbling stops, add 8 oz. water and drink it all at once.
You can also relieve GERD symptoms and heartburn by drinking a mixture of ½ tsp. of baking soda and 16 0z.of water.
Other baking soda home remedies
- Marc Sircus tries to find ways to heal cancer with baking soda about which he talks about in his book Sodium Bicarbonate. Combat systematic fungal infections, diabetes and cancer by consuming a mixture of baking soda and molasses, says Dr. Marc.
- Remove oral thrush with a gargle of baking soda and water.
- If you have urinary tract infection, drink ½ tsp. of baking soda with water twice a day.
- Thrombosis can be relieved with baking soda and lemon juice/apple cider vinegar.
- A bath of warm water and 1 tsp. of baking soda kills candida yeast and stops the itching.
Baking soda is not recommended for children under the age of 5 and pregnant women. Besides being safe for use it can still, in some cases, cause side effects particularly if you take it with other prescription medications. Always consult your doctor before starting to use baking soda remedies. Also, never use baking soda in dry from, always combine it with water, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Don’t use baking soda if you are on a low sodium diet because it will drain your body supplies of vitamins and minerals. And at last, don’t consume baking soda remedies more than 14 days without consulting your doctor.